Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I get a lot of information from a number of sources that includes books, newspapers, candidates, clients and of course the internet. A lot has been said about the work ethic of the younger generation and I see it and hear it when I talk with younger candidates. It seems that it is all about them. I truly understand the need for work life balance but I also understand that companies deserve an honest days work for an honest days wage. Recently I was talking with a candidate and learned that he worked full time to put himself through college. As we were discussing a new position that I was working on he mentioned that as an employee in his former company he never went home until the job was done. I was impressed with his attitude and relayed this to my client who said you do not find that kind of information on a resume. Employers hire people they do not hire resumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment