Friday, January 24, 2020

Accomplishments OR Duties and Responsibilities


It is a “small world”. After several years in and around the recruiting industry, I have I have been asked all too many times, “Do I have to include all of my jobs on my resume even if I was only there for a few months?” or “How far back should I go with my resume?”  What you include on your resume is up to you as it is your advertisement.

That being said I explain that accomplishments sell while duties and responsibilities tell.  Most hiring managers in any field will generally know what a person does by title.  However, knowing what has been accomplished will give the hiring manager an idea about your successes. Success in one position generally breeds success in another.

In addition I feel that a candidate must set the example and everything that is on a resume should be true and factual.  Establishing a relationship on fiction can certainly be grounds for dismissal.
I can be reached through LinkedIn to discuss your resume and /or career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment