The snowstorm and the aftermath is gone and while it has caused a great number of airline cancellations I can only wonder about the anxiety of the people whose flights were delayed and/or cancelled. I think back to a Zig Ziglar session I listened to a number of years ago. In that session Zig tells how fantastic it was to be stuck in an airport due to a flight delay. His reasoning was that there was only three reasons why a flight would be delayed. They are the weather, the flight crew and a problem with the airplane. In the event that his delay was caused by any one of the three he was much happier staying right on the ground. During the storm I got a call from my cousin who told me his son who is a third year cadet at the Military Academy was stranded at La Guardia and was making his way to Newark airport. Could I help out. I drove to Newark airport, connected with Martin and Ruth and I have been graced with an unexpected guest for three days. As an old Army guy I have had a wonderful time learning about West Point and the life of a cadet. Who knows what great things can happen in a storm?
After over 36 years in executive search, I’ve encountered common questions about resume content. Do you need to include all jobs, even short-term ones, or how far back should you go? Remember, your resume is your choice. However, honesty is key – consider if you want to build a relationship on omissions or incorrect dates. Nowadays, explaining employment gaps is normal and can be done through activities like volunteering or caregiving. When addressing potential negatives, highlight your achievements and the value you bring. My direct line is 973-627-1888 if you want to discuss your career path.
Comments
Post a Comment