In one of my previous posts I mentioned the need to stress accomplishments. Accomplishments sell while duties and responsibilities tell. Once you have the accomplishments listed it is time to prepare for the interview. Following are tips to follow in your preparation:
• Confirm the day, date, time and location of the interview
• Learn about the person you will be meeting with
• Know and stress key accomplishments as related to the needs of the position.
• Review specific questions that may be asked during the interview.
• Practice answers to possible behavioral based interview questions
• Do not discuss salary or benefits on the first interview
• Bring a copy of your resume to the interview
• Prepare a list of questions that are related to the position and company.
• Bring a pen to the interview in the event that paperwork needs to be completed.
• Be prepared to ask for the job or to move forward to the next step
• Know the issues and expectations of the position
To receive additional tips and guidelines please send me an e-mail: email@example.com
Lance Incitti, LPC, CCIP
After ending my corporate career as a Vice President of Loss Prevention I started an Executive Seach Firm specializing in the placement of security and asset proteection executives domestically and internationally.