Tuesday, June 28, 2016

“You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” - Zig Ziglar

Zig Ziglar is one of my favorite motivational speakers.  His simple quotes are down home common sense.  They have helped me motivate myself and my staff members.  The quote above seems simple enough. When you analyze it, I am sure you will understand that it can be applied to just about every segment of every industry and to every level of management.  As a supervisor, you can improve the productivity in your department simply by understanding the needs of the people you supervise and by helping those people satisfy their needs.  This can be done through simple conversations, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and mentoring them to improve.  Ziglar also said when you do more than what you are paid for; you will soon be paid more for what you do.  This certainly can apply to every person in the work force. 

I have been in recruiting since 1987 and throughout the years I have spoken with individuals at all levels.  I have seen that the ones who progress upward in their careers are the ones who mentor and help others attain their goals and objectives.   They are open and free with their knowledge and experience.  They share their successes and their failures in order to teach and mentor.  They are not afraid to hire top talent, and they are never concerned about losing their job to a person they hire.  In fact, the top performer wants to be replaced because in most cases that means a promotion for him or her. 

Help others get what they want and you will certainly get what you want.  Please get in touch with me if you are looking for that next top performer, or as a top performer, you are looking for that next opportunity!

Contact me at 973-627-1888 or lance@rpssearchgroup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment