Wednesday, January 30, 2019

“A winner is big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them and strong enough to correct them.” - John Maxwell Many of you may recognize John Maxwell as the author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership” and “The 17 Indispensable Laws of Teamwork.” His quote above is very timely as we start 2019. The new year is a great time for a fresh start. As I look back at 2018 and if I were to list all of the mistakes I made in 2018, I could fill a number of newsletters with that list. I also came to the realization that I had made some of the mistakes more than once. You can imagine that I was not too thrilled when I made that discovery. However, I can look at those mistakes and learn from them and correct them. It is never too late to learn and grow. Each and every one of you has the opportunity to review last year and no matter how difficult and trying it was for you, take a moment to record even the most insignificant accomplishment and celebrate the success! Michael Althsuler said, “The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you are the pilot.” As a recruiter, I have the opportunity to speak to hundreds of clients and candidates and as a result I get a strong sense of what is happening in the business world and 2019 will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment