Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I can imagine the increased business that the post offices are having these last few days before the 15th.

I am also caught up in resume consulting as a number of candidates are getting ready to make a move for any number of reasons. I thought it would be good to mention a few resume blunders that I have been seeing.

1. Resumes that are full of features without accompishments do not get much attention. By stating your accomplishments you are telling potential employers about your successess. Success in one job will generate success in anothe job.

2. I am seeing resumes that only have the year as a date of employment. This can lead to a misunderstanding about gaps in empoyment. It is generally accepted to have the month and year for the dates of employment.

3. Inaccurate resumes. I ask questions of individuals who submit resumes and find that items may have been left off or omitted for any number of reasons. Honesty and accuracy are the best policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment